Avenues for Tuition Assistance
For the Class of 2020, VLI tuition will cover approximately 75 percent of the cost of the program. The remainder will be covered by the generous contributions of VLI alums and other supporters who believe in the value of the program for the benefit of Vermont.
We strongly encourage all interested candidates to apply. A large part of the success of VLI comes from bringing together participants with different backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences, including economic diversity. If you really want to be part of VLI, we will work with you individually to find ways to help you put together the funds.
- The Vermont Student Assistance Corporation offers Vermont non-degree grants on a first-come first-served basis to economically-qualified Vermonters. You can visit their website www.vsac.org for information, and for an application when they are available (generally early June). If you have additional questions, or wish to clarify whether you are eligible, we strongly encourage you to call VSAC customer service at 800-882-4166 or 802-654-3750 and ask about their non-degree grant program.
- The Community Bank and Opportunities Credit Union are available to provide tuition loans for qualified applicants.
- For Vermont state employees who qualify there is a tuition reimbursement program. Many private and nonprofit employers offer similar programs. Let us know how we can help you provide the necessary information.
- Particular scholarship funds, foundations and even “angels” (donors who invest in you directly) may exist in your locality or professional area. Friends, family and colleagues have provided financial assistance, as well as other kinds of support.
- The Snelling Center has a limited amount of scholarship assistance available. By filling out the application, you will be considered for our general scholarship fund as well as several scholarships established by our alumni.
- The Rozo Scholarship, created by Rosemary McLaughlin’s Class of 2006.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us early to discuss your situation and how we can help! Contact Ptarmigan Abbott at 802-859-3090.